It is estimated that during the forecast period (2021-2026), the compound annual growth rate of the syringe filling machine market is 9%. The increasing use of syringes and other ready-to-use (RTU) components in various parenteral dosage forms is expected to promote the growth of the syringe filling machine market.
– In recent years, with the demand for patient safety, improvement of working conditions, and reduction of production costs in the pharmaceutical industry, the demand for pre-filled syringes has continued to grow. The market has seen some new developments, and Hikma Pharmaceuticals is the latest company to launch a new pre-filled syringe feature in the United States in September 2019. The company will provide heparin sodium injection USP 5000 units/mL in the form of a pre-filled syringe.
– In addition, the growing demand for the treatment of chronic diseases that require continuous vaccination is expected to promote the adoption of syringe filling machines during the forecast period.
-According to Eurosurveillance's article on the prevalence and incidence of hepatitis B and C in key populations with multiple risk factors in the EU/EEA, an estimated 71.1 million people are chronically infected with hepatitis B virus (HBV) and C Hepatitis virus (HCV), respectively. Since the vaccine used in this situation is provided in the form of a pre-filled syringe, its increased consumption is expected to promote market growth.
There are some important players scattered in the market, such as Nordson Corporation, Roma International Group and many smaller players. Innovation and cost have always been key factors for companies operating in this market.
– April 2019 – Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO)’s Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (Pii) and flexible aseptic filling system provider Tacoma, LLC (AST)’s automation system (AST) announced their new GENiSYS R is a partnership with filling machines for syringes, cartridges and vials. GENiSYS R's adaptive approach uses flexible robotic automation to handle ready-to-fill vials, syringes and cartridges on the same machine. Both peristaltic and rotary piston dispensing systems can be used to accurately fill each container directly on the electronic balance to provide up to 100% in-process fill weight checking.
– December 2019 – Steriline launched its robotic nest filling machine, the new machine is a compact filling machine designed specifically for laboratories.
– Compared with standard syringes, the drugs stored in the pre-filled syringe cartridges are estimated to remain sterile for about 2 to 3 years, while standard syringes can only be sterilized for 12 hours when they are filled. Moreover, pre-filled syringes have less overfilling compared to manual filling. It is estimated that for 0.5 ml vials, USP recommends 20% to 25% overfilling. In contrast, for 0.5 ml, the required overfill is less than 2%. As a result, more doses of 18-23% may be produced.
– In addition, due to the widespread adoption of technologies such as Industry 4.0 and automation, there are more and more technological disruptions in various industries, and the pharmaceutical industry is adopting new and effective drug creation methods. Pharmaceutical syringe filling equipment enables companies to simplify the syringe packaging process because they can fill up to hundreds of syringes per minute.
-The drug syringe filling equipment can maintain a longer aseptic state and provide precise and automatic control of the barrier, tip and other accessories required by the syringe. In addition, manufacturers can use high-volume drug syringe filling machines to reduce overall costs.
– In March 2019, pharmaceutical packaging company Schott Kaisha expanded its capacity to produce vials, pre-filled syringes and sterile solutions. The company's expansion plans include new bases in Gujarat and northern India, as well as the expansion and upgrade of existing plants in Dammam and Jambusar in Gujarat. As pharmaceutical companies begin to use these machines for drug production, these developments are expected to promote market growth in emerging economies.
– The market is seeing increasing demand for infusion product manufacturers to provide sufficient filling machinery for CBD and THC products. CBD cartridges need filling equipment, which can provide detailed parts, simple conversion, cleaning, fast turnover and many other factors, so pharmaceutical companies prefer syringe filling machines for CBD applications.
– In February 2019, Optima Pharma launched its MultiUse filling machine, which is designed to handle different types of containers in a flexible and fully automatic way. Optimas MultiUse Filler can fill vials, syringes and cartridges with one machine, and allows small batches and different container types. These initiatives by various pharmaceutical companies will further stimulate market growth.
– CDC, FDA and NASEN are the main regulatory agencies in North America. These regulatory agencies are increasingly promoting the safety of vaccinated patients. In the United States, pre-filled syringes will play an important role in vaccine management, as people are increasingly worried about overdose of vaccines in children.
– In addition, the syringe filling machine in the region has made considerable progress. The most recent was the NC-based Mission Health in Asheville, which installed two RIV automated IV compounding systems from ARxIUM for liquid and frozen The dry product is aseptically filled into IV syringes, and the bag for administration is given to healthy patients in the mission.
– In addition, the number of chronic diseases that require frequent use of vaccines in the region is increasing, which is one of the important factors driving market growth during the forecast period. According to statistics from the Hepatitis B Foundation, as many as 80,000 Americans will be newly infected with hepatitis B each year, and more than 2 million Americans will be chronically infected. More and more manufacturers in the region are approving prefilled syringes for hepatitis B vaccine. Dynavax is one of the major pharmacy companies and was approved by the FDA in March 2018 for its pre-filled syringe vaccine HEPLISAV-B.
– As far as robotics is concerned, technological progress in the region is one of the important factors driving the development of syringe filling machines in the region. For example, FP Developments, which provides syringe filling and handling, vial filling and handling, marking and verification, tracking and unique device identification (UDI), uses Universal Robots UR-3 robotic arms to perform sterile syringe filling and capping
The research also includes key strategic developments in the market, including R&D, new product launches, mergers and acquisitions, agreements, collaborations, partnerships, joint ventures, and regional growth of major competitors operating in the market on a global and regional scale.
The report evaluates key market characteristics including revenue, price, capacity, capacity utilization, gross, output, productivity, consumption, import/export/supply/demand, cost, market share, CAGR and gross margin. In addition, the research also conducted a comprehensive study of key market dynamics and their latest trends, as well as related market segments and market segments.
The Global Syringe Filling Machine Market Report uses a variety of analytical tools, including data for accurate research and evaluation of key industry players and their market scope. Analysis tools such as Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Feasibility Study and Investment Return Analysis have been used to analyze the growth of major players in the market.
: This report can be customized according to your needs for other data for up to 3 companies or countries (or 40 analyst hours).
MarketInsightsReports provides market research for industry vertical joint organizations, including healthcare, information and communication technology (ICT), technology and media, chemistry, materials, energy, heavy industry, etc. MarketInsightsReports provides global and regional market intelligence coverage, as well as a 360-degree market view including statistical forecasts, competitive landscape, detailed breakdowns, major trends and strategic recommendations.
All the reports we have listed are tracking the impact of COVID-19. In this process, the upstream and downstream of the entire supply chain have been considered. In addition, where possible, we will provide additional COVID-19 update supplements/reports for the report in the third quarter, please contact the sales team.
Irfan Tamboli (Sales Supervisor) –
Phone: + 1704 266 3234 | + 91-750-707-8687
This might be a good place to introduce yourself and your website, or provide some points.